Saturday 4 September 2010

My First Christmas Card

I made my first Christmas card today and I must say…I am quite pleased with how it turned out!! I was surfing the galleries at Splitcoast Stampers and found this fantastic card by Michelle Zindorf! Michelle is an amazing crafter and her skill with a brayer has to be seen to be believed!! Now my skills with a brayer are no where near hers but I decided that I could achieve similar results with a brayer and some sponge daubers!!

002

What I love most about this card is the different colour combination that has been used- More Mustard, Tempting Turquoise and Tangerine Tango. I attempted to follow Michelle’s tutorial for this card but I really struggle to achieve the same results with a brayer…so I did use a brayer but then I added some shading with my sponge daubers and Whisper White craft ink.

I have made 2 the same already but I am thinking of making more in different colour combinations!

Products Used!!

Stamps: Delightful Decorations, Short and Sweet Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Bashful Blue, Whisper White, More Mustard, Tangerine Tango, Riding Hood Red, Bravo Burgundy, Basic Black  Cardstock: More Mustard, Tempting Turquoise, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White  Accessories: Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Ornament Punch

Cheers

Chrissie

No comments: