Sunday 15 February 2009

Polka Dot Punches

It's Sale-a-bration time and I have had lots of fun playing with the Sale-a-bration set called Polka Dot Punches. I made 3 cards this weekend... but they are all really different. That's what I love about SU sets- they are just soooo versatile!

With Valentine's Day on Saturday, I went looking through the gallery at SCS and found this card. I made a few slight changes- I added "Love You" from the Short and Sweet set and used red gingham ribbon. Even my DH thought it was cute!


While at SCS I found this card. I changed the colours to Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie and Cameo Coral. I also used my new Fire Rhinestone brads for the first time on this card. Thye are just so pretty and add some bling to cards! I used Pumpkin Pie ribbon and the greeting is from Sincere Salutations. I love how this card has turned out!

This card from SCS was my inspiration for my last card. I went through a stage of using crayon resist all the time but had forgotten about it until now. I stamped the flowers on glossy cardstock with black stazon and then coloured in parts of them with white crayon. I then sponged Perfect Plum ink over the top. I punched them out with the 1 1/4" circle punch and then layered it on Eggplant and then Perfect Plum scallop circle. I pierced each of the scallops and added 2 strips of white taffeta ribbon. I stamped the same flower stamp using Eggplant ink on Eggplant cardstock. I stamped the greeting from Short and Sweet in Whipser White craft ink.
I love all of these cards. I hope you do too!
Cheers
Chrissie

3 comments:

Bell's Play Page said...

nice cards! Awesomely done.

Nardi said...

The cards look great Chrissie! You are so creative!
I also wanted to let you know that I have an award awaiting you on my blog.

Karen said...

Chrisse - you have been making some gorgeous cards chicki - love them!

Karne
xo