Monday 16 February 2009

In the Stars

I have been on a mission lately. When I have sat down to make a card... I have made 3 cards using the same set. So here is today's offering!
I just love this set from the Summer Mini Catalogue. It has so many possibilites!

This first card uses one of my favourite In Colours- Purely Pomegranate. (I will be so sad to see this colour go at the end of next month!) I have used it with Pretty in Pink, Whisper White and Taken with Teal- a combination I would never have come up with but it just seemed to work! I stamped the 2 outer stars in Pretty in Pink and punched them out with the 1 1/4" punch and layered it with a Teal square. The "A Wish for You" was stamped in Pomegranate and punched out using the large star punch. I finished it off a greeting in Pomegranate.

For this card, I wanted to make a male card. So I used Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa and Creamy Caramel and stamped all over the Very Vanilla card base. I added some Chocolate taffeta ribbon and stamped the "A Wish for You" star in Chocolate on Caramel card and popped it up on dimentionals.

For my last card, I found myself using Apricot Appeal- a colour I have used a bit lately. It co-ordinates so well with the East Coast Prep DSP that I used on the bottom of the card. Although this card is very simple in design, I think it could be used with any colour combination...any DSP!
I will be back tomorrow with more cards! Enjoy!
Cheers
Chrissie

3 comments:

Nardi said...

Great cards Chrissie! One of my friends got this set and I can't wait to CASE these ideas as I'm currently borrowing it. TFS!

BUBBLEFROG said...

WOW Chrissie...your work is amazing and a real inspiration. Thank you.

Hop over to my blog....there is an award waiting for you there!!

Hannah

http://bubblefrog1.blogspot.com/

Louise said...

well done Chrissy! amazing how different the cards all are, even though you used the same stamp set!