Saturday 21 February 2009

Baroque Motifs

Hi there... Well it is the weekend already... this last week has just flown by! I am continuing on with showing you 2-3 cards using the same set. Tonight, I have dragged out one of my favourite sets-Baroque Motifs.

This style of card has been made by everyone who as this set I think. But it is a beautiful way to present this set. I have stamped the swirly in Chocolate Chip a couple of times to fill the left hand side of the Very Vanilla card base. I then stamped the small flower in Cameo Coral. Now I have to admit, I am quite challenged when it comes to using bits from the Hodgpodge Hardware. I love it... I just can't seem to use it successfully on a card. I stamped a greeting from Short and Sweet and then put it inside the oval frame from the Stylised Silver HPH. I used Chocolate Taffeta Ribbon to secure it to the card. I then mounted it onto Coral. I like how it has turned out.

For this second card, I wanted to use my new Felt Fusion flowers. I also wanted to add some sparkle to the card. I stamped the swirly in Versamark and then embossed it in clear powder. But my clear powder somehow managed to get some Dazzling Diamonds in it so it is all glittery. I am not a big fan of Dazzling Diamonds... it is just too messy for me! And I am challenged with Heat and Stick powder too so this is the perfect solution! Please feel free to try it! LOL The card base is Brocade Blue and Pink Passion and the brads in the middle of each flower are Brocade Blue too

I got my inspiration for this last card from this card by Miss Boo at SCS. I loved how she used the square motif on the diagonal. For my card, I stamped the square motif in Orchid Opulence. I then stamped the small flower in Bashful Blue and cut it out. I secured the flower to the square with a small, purple, Ice Rhinestone brad also on the diagonal. I then matted it on an Elegant Eggplant. I stamped the Bashful Blue cardstock with the swirly and then ripped down one edge and then mounted the whole lot on Eggplant. I love this card! It could be used for just about any occaision.
I hope you enjoy my creations. Don't forget to say Hi!
Cheers
Chrissie

No comments: