Wednesday 18 February 2009

Mini Envelope Album

While exploring SCS, I found this Mini Envelope Album by Maurine Henry that Susie Nelson made. It was made using a Big Shot die that we don't have here but I really wanted to make one of my own. So I got out my 5 in 1 envelope template but it wasn't quite what I was looking for. So then, I enlisted the help of my DH to make me a template on the computer using a drawing program. I just love clever people! :) I mean, I could have done it myself but he is much faster and had it done in no time flat!I decided that that this would make a great class, so on Sunday, I had 6 ladies come and make these with me! We used Afternoon Tea DSP from the Summer Mini and co-ordinating cardstock- Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabi, Soft Sky and Chocolate Chip.

This is the front of the mini album. I used the words from the Warm Words set and punched it out with the oval punches. The album is bound using brads from the Stylised Silver Hodgpodge Hardware.

Each pocket has a pullout... photos can be placed on it... or a message.... or recipes.... the possibilites are endless !

I printed out the template on both the cardstock and the DSP and then cut them out! I just had to cut down the DSP to fit in my printer. It worked quite well- they were at least all the same size!

I love how it has turned out. I could decorate it more- stamping images or adding journalling or more pictures to the plain cardstock side of each pockets but at this stage, this is how it has turned out!
I hope you like it too!
Cheers
Chrissie

No comments: