Wednesday 11 February 2009

A Big Apology

I am so sorry that I have not posted here for such a long time! The start of the school year is really, really busy... programs to plan, instruments to allocate to kids, new teachers to orientate to our school! Not to mention... the 800 kids I have to get organised for their music lessons! On top of all that, I have been to 3 Hungry Jacks birthday parties in just 8 days!!!! No wonder I haven't made anything or had time to post! LOL! Things have finally started to settle down and I have started to make cards again! yeah!!!
For my first creations, I have used the Sale-a-bration set called Botanical Blooms. Now, at first, I wasn't too excited about this set but after a wander through the SCS gallery, I was trully inspired!

I am not particularly fond of white cards but I must say I quite like this one. I started by putting my card base into the crimper and just crimping a small portion of the card. I then stamped the flowers in black Stazon and added some Turquoise, Lilac and Gable Green to give the card colour.To give some texture to the background, I added some Itty Bitty Backgrounds in Pixie Pink. I mounted the flowers on Turquoise cardstock and then stamped my greeting from Short and Sweet on Lilac card and punched it out with the Word Window Punch.

My second card is made using Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red and Cameo Coral. I stamped the outline images in Chocolate Chip and then added colour to the images. I punched out the images using the 1 1/4" square punch and then mounted it on Old Olive 1 3/8" squares. I then layered all of them on Chocolate Chip cardstock. I also added some yummy Chocolate taffeta ribbon.

For my last card, I used Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery and a touch of Creamy Caramel. Again I stamped the outline images in Caramel and added colour to the flowers and leaves. I mounted the images on Celery cardstock and added some some Apricot ribbon. I stamped the words from the set and then punched it out with the oval punch and mounted it on the larger oval in Celery.

I have made some more cards using another Sale-a-bration set, Polka Dot Punches, and I will post them for you tomorrow.
Cheers
Chirssie.

No comments: