Saturday 16 October 2010

Christmas Cards

I must start this post off with a bit of a funny story. As many of you know, I am a primary school Music teacher and have been for the last 14 years. It is a rewarding job but it does have its drawbacks….the biggest being, I can’t always go to the toilet when I want to.  It is not like I can leave 30 kids in a room all by themselves while I duck off. Most days I can hold out until the lunch breaks but on Friday, I was really busting to go….so I asked another teacher to keep an eye on my class while I made a quick trip!! As I was “running” to the loo, I felt my calf muscle give way!! Now you have to understand, I was busting so I hobbled to the loo (with much ribbing from the tuckshop ladies who witnessed the whole thing) and hobbled back in tears…much to the shock of the children I was supposed to be teaching. To cut a long story short, I was taken down to sick bay in a wheel chair (how embarrassing) and then off to the doctors and xray….I have a small tear in my calf muscle. Gee and just when I thought my dreams of representing Australia in running were going to come true. (Bwahahaha…just kidding) But it has slowed my down a bit…I have had to keep my leg elevated and iced for the last 2 days!! But it is feeling a little better…so no permanent damage done I hope! Will have to go back to the doctors on Monday to see when I can go back to work!!

Now onto my cards!!

I have been in a Christmas card making frenzy of late…it is all I seem to be making!! So here are a few of the cards I have been making!! They are all cases of cards I have found at SCS but unfortunately I have been having many computer problems that I can’t find who I cased them from. Please let me know if you I got my creations from you!

Christmas SAS1

This card uses the set Season of Joy….I have had it for a while but I still love it. I stamped in black and used Very Vanilla and More Mustard….love these colours together!!

Christmas SAS3

Now I just love this little reindeer from Sparkly and Bright. I have used Soft Suede, Real Red and Garden green for this card.

Christmas SAS4

And for this card, I used Rich Razzleberry, River Rock and Very Vanilla. I made a reverse mask for this card and sponged the background in River Rock and then added some sparkle with some Champagne Glimmer paint.

Love all of these cards….will be making more of them!! And I have heaps more to show you!!

Cheers

Chrissie

No comments: