Sunday 15 August 2010

Cake Anyone???

This month for my class we made a cake! Yes, you are reading right- a cake!! But not any normal cake!!

I was blog hopping one day when I discovered Kay Sha and her fantastic blog!! I was so impressed by her cakes, that I bought her tutorial and made my first cake slice!! It was so super easy that I made 12 pieces to make a big cake and used it as a display at the Scrapbook Expo in June!!

001

So here it is!! Isn’t it pretty??

IMG_1128

The only difference with my cake is the flower! When I started to make the flower, I realised that I couldn’t make it like Kay did because we didn’t have the large flower punch that she used! So I adapted it to a punch that we did have- the 5 Petal Flower Punch.  It makes a spikier flower ( I think it looks like a gardenia) that is a bit smaller!! I made my flowers the same way using my small oval punch.

006 (2)

A big thank you to Kay for her amazing talent in designing this project!!

Cheers

Chrissie

1 comment:

Louise said...

Wow Chrissie! This cake looks fabulous! Great job.

Oh, and I've been trying to email you about Fete stuff but it keeps bouncing back to me!