Friday 26 June 2009

Miss Amanda

One of my DS’s preschool teacher left today to have her 2nd baby. Miss Amanda has been just brilliant with James. She takes none of his rubbish and has not been taken in by his dazzling smile and his “I wouldn’t do that” ways. LOL So I decided that I would make her a little gift box filled with baby goodies. Now I got the template for the box from Sue Denning. I just love how simple her instructions were to follow and how easy it was to make. IMG_0561

IMG_0562

For the box, I used Ruby Red and So Saffron Cardstock and Washington Apple DSP. I stamped animals from  In the Wild in co-ordinating colours to decorates the box. I also used some Apricot Appeal and Bashful Blue ribbon to finish it off.

IMG_0565

I also made a card to go with the box using the same colours and left over bits that didn’t make it to the box. The only thing I added was some Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon.

Miss Amanda loved the box and was touched by the gift. Thanks so much to Sue for sharing your great gift box.

Cheers Chrissie

2 comments:

Sue Denning said...

Oh Chrissie, your Baby Carry-All is so cute. I'm so glad that the tutorial was easy to follow and was received well by the expectant Mummy.

Any other Demos wanting this free template can sign up as a follower to my blog at http://suesscrapnstamps.blogspot.com and leave a request in the comments section.

Thanks so much for sharing your creation.

Lynda said...

Oops...I shd have read this before I e mailed Sue just then (blush). The only prob is I am not a Demo....so I do not know if Sue will be able to help me. I love what u have done with the wee box and the colours are awesome. Well Done!!