Friday 15 May 2009

Better Late than Never

I know.. you all thought I had fallen off the face of the earth! Fear not! I have been busy with school, kids and stamping!
I thought tonight I would show you the swaps I made for Convention. I made 10 different designs and made 10 of each design. Here are the first 5!



I have had a few blocks with this set. I didn't seem to like anything I made with it. For this set, I used Night of Navy and Kraft carstock and some absolutely delicious Bella Bleu DSP. The Kraft strip in the middle, I used the Faux Suede look- something that is not that easy with such a skinny strip.

Stamps:Flight of the Butterfly
Inks: Sahara Sand, Not Quite Navy
Paper: Kraft, Not Quite Navy, Bella Bleu DSP
Accessories: Word Window Punch, Dimentionals



This is another set that I struggled a bit with. But I was really pleased how it turned out. The "brads" aren't brads though... I punched out 1/4" circles and then covered them with crystal effects. It is a cheap way to use the brad look!

Stamps:Cheep Talk
Inks: Rose Red, Elegant Eggplant, Taken with Teal
Paper: Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant, Rose Red, Taken with Teal
Accessories: 1/4" circle punch, Crystal Effects, Eyelet Border Punch



I love this set! It is just a great set for all birthdays. For this card I used Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red and Pink Piroette. I have also used the Cupcakes wheel to decorate the bottom of the card.

Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes, Cupcakes Wheel
Ink:Black Stazon, Riding Hood Red, Pink Piroette, Chocolate Chip, Going Grey
Paper:Whisper White, Pink Piroette, Chocolate Chip
Accessories:Blender Pens, Crystal Effects



This is such a versatile set. And soooo reasonably priced! It was a quick and easy card to make and I had the 10 made in no time at all!

Stamps: Bitty Birthday, Polka Dot
Ink: Black Stazon
Paper: Whisper White, Cameo Coral, Brocade Blue, So Saffron
Accessories: Cameo Coral, Brocade Bleu and So Saffron Markers, Square Scallop Punch



I got my inspiration for this card from my cyber friend Nerine. She made this card and I just loved it so much that I had to use the great idea!

Stamps: Embrace Life
Inks: Summer Sun, Tangerine Tango, Pixie Pink
Paper: Summer Sun, Tangerine Tango, Pixie Pink, Whisper White

I hope that you like my swaps. I will be posting the other 5 cards in the nextfew days!
Cheers
Chrissie

2 comments:

Debbie M said...

Hi Chrissie - I'm a bit like you - fallin off the face of the Earth and the last thing I seem to have time for is blogging (naughty me)
Love your swap cards!!!
Was lovely to meet you at Convention.

Debbie M

Karen said...

Hi Chrissie!! Your swap cards were just fabo! So sorry I never got to swap with ya:(

Look forward to seeing all your new creations!

Karen
xo