Saturday 21 March 2009

It's Party Time

Tomorrow is my DD's 6th Birthday. So today we are having a birthday party for 16 of her friends from school at Hungry Jacks. If you have ever been to a party at HJ's then you know that they feed them burgers and chips and give them a box of stuff to take home but they don't give you a lolly bag. So, with my daughter in hand, we headed to the shops to buy lollies and gifts to go in the bags. I did have grand ideas of stamping little paper bags but as life gets so busy, and after making my Easter bag from my last post, this is what I decided to do for her lolly bag. My DH thought I was insane when I told him... he thought I should just give them one of then ones that you buy!! "But I am a Stampin' Up! demonstrator!!!" I yelled...."Store bought isn't for me!!!"
So I found some scrapbooking paper that I had bought years ago from Big W and starting chopping! I had 18 bags to make!! And really... it didn't take too long at all. Withing an hour and half, I had them all made!

So here they are, in an SU box all ready to take to the party.

I had to make both boy and girl bags as Hayley invited 4 little boys to come as well.

And here is a close up of the birthday girl's bag.
I hope they all love their bags!
Cheers
Chrissie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They're fantastic Chrissie!! And that is so me!! Definitely cannot do Store Bought!! I have been making the boys party bags for years! and I so wish I had taken pictures as we have had some fantastic ones!! They usually fit the theme of the party. I am sure the kids will love these!! and they are so easy to make.

I sat down and made more baskets for the school Easter Raffle yesterday and will blog them a bit later today.

Have a lovely time at the party!! and Happy Birthday to your daughter.

Caroline
xx

Diane Barnes said...

Fabulous Chrissie. You're a legend making all these. I think I'll have to book you now for my daughter's birthday ;o)
Huge birthday wishes to Hayley for a very happy day.
Hugs, Di

Louise said...

They are gorgeous! I hope your little one had a wonderful time at her party. x Louise