Sunday 8 March 2009

Be Happy

I am sad to see the Be Happy set retire. Although I haven't used it a lot on my cards, it had been a must have when I have created many of my little favours that I give guests at my classes and demos. I have made 3 cards using this set for you today. I made them a few weeks ago but I am only now getting the chance to show you them. I know that I got inspiration from SCS but I can not find the cards now... but thank you to the creative people who share at SCS.

This is a very simple card that took about 10 minutes to make. Using Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana and Certainly Celery, I stamped the "smile" on a strip of Whipser White and then layered it on slightly larger strips of Banana and Celery. I tied some Pink ribbon and added some piercing to the Celery layer and then stuck the whole lot onto a Pretty in Pink cardbase.

Easy card number 2!! I stamped the "flower" in Wasabi and mounted it on Wasabi cardstock. I then added a band of Certainly Celery for the middle. I added a background on my Banana cardbase with Banana ink using the little dots from Itty Bitty Backgrounds. Again.. it only took about 10 minutes to whip this card up!

My last card is definitely one I cased from #1 Volunteer at SCS and was a lot more involved. I think I used every stamp in the set for this card. The colours I used were Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabi and Chocolate Chip. I stamped all the images in Guava and then sponged the edges in Chocolate Chip. I love the layers in this card and depth that the sponging has given it.
Thanks for looking!
Cheers
Chrissie

No comments: