Wednesday 1 October 2008

Flowers

Yeah I know... 2 posts in one day!!!

My best friend has asked me to make her some cards and the only thing she said she wanted was flowers! No colours- just flowers!

So I have made 12 so far!! I will put them up on my blog over the next few days.

My first card uses the retired set Stem Silhouettes. I loooovvve this set and was very sad when it retired. I stamped the background stamp from Oh So Lovely hostess set in Bashful Blue on Bashful cardstock. I then stamped the "flower" image in Night of Navy. I stamped the Barely Banana cardstock using the Canvas background stamp. I finished off the card with Bashful Blue taffeta ribbon.


I was on a roll with Bashful Blue so this card was also made with that colour. I stamped the stems from Artfully Asian set (my newest favourite set) in black stazon and then coloured the image in using my Aqua painters and inkpads- Brocade Blue and Always Artichoke. I then sponged the edges in Brocade. I added a loop of wide Brocade ribbon and secured it with a brad. The background cardstock is Artichoke and Certainly Celery.


My last card for tonight also uses colours from the Soft Subtle family- Pretty in Pink and Sage Shadow. I cased this card from SCS but I cannot remember who (sorry... let me know if if looks familiar). I have used the Season of Joy set which is in the Spring Mini Catalogue. I stamped the swirly stamp in River Rock and added Pink and Sage mini flowers. I then Stamped the bigger flower in Pink and Sage, cut them out and put a silver brad in the centres.

I love all three of these cards. There are no sentiments yet because I am not sure what my friend wants on them.
Stay tuned for more in the next few days!
Cheers
Chrissie

2 comments:

Kim said...

LOL Chrissie! Great minds think alike! I case the exact same card from SCS the other day too! LOL

Too cute hey! LOL

Diane Barnes said...

Love love love the artfully asian one. Totally gorgeous.
Like how you used Season of Joy too.