Sunday 12 October 2008

Busy Sunday

Well today has been a very productive day... well for cardmaking that is.. the rest of the house looks like a bomb has gone off LOL... but I digress... I have spent most of the day cleaning up my table and organising some things. Last week my friend Rebecca issued a challenge to use the scraps from your table. I have a huge box of scraps because I hate to see anything go to waste and you never know... I might just need that bit one day. So today I have made 2 different projects using some of the many scraps from my desk.

Tart and Tangy
Last night I was organising myself for my next class on Sunday. We are making 8 cards and a purse using the Tart and Tangy set and the Summer Picnic DSP. (I will upload the pictures after the class so I don't spoil the suprise for the girls). So this morning when I found a pile of Old Olive DSP I thought I would use the same colours from the night before and make a set of cards and a wallet to put them in.






So I used Bashful Blue for the cardbases, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red and the Old Olive DSP. As you can see, they are all the same basic design... just changing the fruit and the positions of the mats. I even stamped on the envelopes to match each of the cards... something I quite often forget to do. I quite like it and I will probably be using it for Christmas gifts.

Rose Red DSP
I seem to have a lot of bits of DSP... so I made 4 cards exactly the same and I have put them in a cello bag with a matching topper.
Ealier in the year, at one of my classes, we made little containers with scallop circle tags. Well all I had left from this project was the small squares for the scallop and the layered circles. So I used these bits up in my card as well.

I used Pale Plum for the cardbase, Rose Red DSP downthe bottom and then a strip of Whisper White that I had run through the crimper.(If anyone has a trick to get the card to go through the crimper straight... let me know- I can't manage to do it!) I added the layered scallop circle and finished it off with one of the flowers from the In the Spotlight hostess set. I love these colours together and I am pleased with the end result.

Hope you like my creations,
Cheers
Chrissie

2 comments:

Jean McKenzie said...

Wow Chrissie, you have been busy!! I especially love the last set of cards you made with the rose red DSP - they are so elegant. Yes I have problems with getting the crimper to crimp straight as well!!

Hugs, Jean

Bec Ross said...

You are such a busy bee! Love the way you've used up your bits of DSP.