Friday 11 April 2008

Convention

.
So today was the start of Stampin' Up!'s 2nd Annual Convention and it just happened to be in my home town of Brisbane. This was my first Convention and I was so excited last night that I couldn't go to sleep for ages! I must say that I had a GREAT day! We started off by registering and getting our goody bags.In the bags were 2 new stamp sets, a new catty and the stuff we would need for our make and takes
These are the makes and takes we made today!We made a scrapbook page, a card and a little gift box. I had a lot of fun making these and I am pleased with how they have turned out

Swaps were made by everyone throughout the day! Here are some of the swaps I got today!

Then we had a session with Shelli, Aaron and some Workshop Wows!
Shelli Gardiner is a very inspiring woman. I listened to her talk about this company she built from scratch and how her dreams had grown and developed into the incredible company that is Stampin' Up! I think that I could listen to her talk all day and she makes me want to go out there and conquer the world! So beware! I am a woman on a mission to find recruits and to increase the number of opportunities to share my love of papercrafts with the world! LOL!

Tomorrow Convention continues ending with the Awards dinner! I will keep you posted with more Convention news of Sunday!!

Cheers
Chrissie

2 comments:

Kim said...

Wow Chrissy! Love how quickly you updated your blog! So glad you had such a great time at convention!!!!

LOVE your pic with Shelly...(I understand your excitement) LOL

Amy said...

Great photo with Shelli Chrissie! Matt tried to get one of me on stage with her but I was in too much of a hurry get get out of the spotlight and back to our table where I could hide! Kimmy took me to meet Shelli after though so I got a photo and I understand your excitment too! It was great meeting you in person Chrissie!!! BTW... Matt thought you were a huge laugh at dinner! Especially with the theme song and your grade 7's!!