Sunday 18 January 2009

Getting Organised

Well in little over a week, I will have to go back to work teaching music at a local primary school. It also means that my DD will also being going back to school. This year she is in Grade One. I spent Friday covering all her school books. I decided that I would cover her books in butcher's paper, stamp on them and then cover them in clear contact. Here is my efforts!

Her scrap books!

Her writing books.
We picked 4 colours... Pixie Pink, Lovely Lilac, Tempting Turquoise and Glorious Green. I printed out her name and her class on the computer and then punched them out using the 1 1/4" circle punch. I then layered them with the 1 3/8" circle and the scallop circle punch using these colours. She then picked out the stamp sets that she liked and we stamped away.
I know that no-one else will have their books covered the same way so she will be able to find her books easily.
She is happy with them and we had fundoing it together.
Cheers
Chrissie

4 comments:

Nerine .P. said...

What a great idea Chrissie. I think my lot would get a kick out of this and will have to give it ago...that is if my daughter can face covering up "Hannah Montana"...LOL!

Karen said...

Chrissie - these look WONDERFUL!!
They actually put my boring brown paper covered books to shame! lol

Karen
xo

Louise said...

Brilliant, Chrissie!

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

These look fabulous, Chrissie! Your DD is going to be the envy of her friends :)